WIP - Village Pond Cross Stitch by Derwentwater Designs

by - June 20, 2018



This week, after a disastrous attempt at Charlie's Ark I decided to start a Christmas present. Basically, it was going really, really well, I had the head finished and was starting the shoulders. The kit was difficult to work with as there was lots of very similar colours and the chart was so tiny but I'd worked it out. Until I took it off the frame and realised that I'd been stitching it landscape the entire time and it was meant to be portrait! I have dumped it in a box and written a large T on my next project so I don't make the same mistake again.

Hopefully what the finished stitching will look like!

Despite being a good 30 colours, teeny 18 count stitches and switching between 2 strands, 1 strand, blended and half stitches I'm really enjoying stitching this little house and it shows - this is a photo from a couple of days ago and I've stitched even more since then, the roof is taking shape and I have even more bushes in. I even found a frame for it last Saturday - we went to Taunton for a festival and I couldn't help but stop in Tiger "just for a look". Which always ends up with a heavy bag of random notebooks, fun kitchen items and the odd felt coaster!

Vee x

You May Also Like

0 comments